Common Name: Walnut
Scientific Name: Juglans Regia
Medicinal Benefits of Walnut:
- Decrease cardiovascular risk
- Lowers the risk of prostate cancer and breast cancer.
- Prevent chemically induced liver damage because of its antioxidant property.
- Helps to maintain ideal weight.
- Daily intake of walnuts helps in significant reduction of fasting insulin level.
One who is affected with herpes must avoid walnuts or at least limit the intake of walnuts, as higher levels of its intake can trigger herpes recurrences.