Simple tips for Self-Care at home:
Life style and Osteoarthritis:
- Stay active. Exercise is an energy booster. It can also strengthen your muscles and bones and helps in keeping the joints flexible.
- Train your muscles to develop resistance to build stronger muscles since muscles protect and support joints affected by arthritis.
- Maintain a healthy weight to relieve stress on the painful joints. Overweight may cause undue strain on weight-bearing joints such as your knees, spine, hips, ankles, and feet, so losing weight can ease symptoms of arthritis.
- Aerobic workouts on a daily basis will burn calories and aids in losing weight.Do these exercises at home without any strain to any part of the body.
- Sleep well. A sound free atmosphere, which is free of distractions from television, phone, computers etc., is the best place to have a better and peaceful sleep.
- Hot compresses can ease pain and stiffness of the joints. Cold compresses reduce swelling.
Eating habits and Osteoarthritis
- Eat a balanced diet.
- A variety of nutrients may help ease arthritis symptoms.
- Foods rich in vitamin C, especially fruits and vegetable helps in relieving the pain.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in fish and fish oil products may aid in relieving pain.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy products, which are low in fat, low cholesterol meat.
- Use healthy oils including olive and canola oil.
Try these simple methods for easing osteoarthritis at home.