Bilberry is scientifically known as Vaccinium myrtillus.
Common names of Bilberry: Whortleberry, huckleberry, bog bilberries, Whinberry, Trackleberry.
- Bilberries contain the highest level of antioxidants.
- Bilberry leaves are used to lower blood sugar level.
- Bilberry extracts also may reduce the tingling sensations in the extremities associated with diabetes.
- Bilberries prevents blood clotting, thins the blood, and improves circulation.
- Bark of the root and blended leaves syrup can be used to treat topically ulcers of the mouth and throat.
Image source: Flicker